Sell Scrap Copper in Melbourne
Why would I sell scrap copper?
Selling your scrap metal is a great way to make money instantly. You’ll find that selling scrap copper in particular can be a lucrative venture. This is because copper is one of the most valuable and sought-after metals in the scrap metal industry.
Scrap copper is considered valuable for a few key reasons, including:
- It’s malleable and easy to work with and recycle
- It doesn’t rust or corrode easily
- It acts as a great conductor for heat and electricity
- Copper can be mixed with other metals to create alloys that ultimately strengthen its key properties.
What is the price of scrap copper per kg?
In Melbourne, scrap copper prices fluctuate regularly, but you’ll get the fairest deal with Metal Men Recycling. We offer competitive pricing on scrap copper per kilogram based on the grade and quality of copper you are selling. The best way to maximise the value of your scrap copper is to ensure it has been separated from any foreign materials (such as shielding and screws) that may be attached to it.
Where can I find scrap copper?
Copper – particularly copper wire – can be found almost everywhere. This is due to its great workability, conductivity and resistance to corrosion. These are some common places you’ll be able to find copper wire:
- Appliance conductors
- Electrical wiring for residential, commercial and industrial buildings
- Telephone wiring
- Twisted pair cable wiring for data networks.
How valuable is my copper wire?
Copper wire grades are tiered as follows, with the highest grade being the most valuable:
- Highest grade: Bare, uncoated, untarnished and unalloyed copper wire and cable that is larger than 16 gauge
- Second highest grade: Clean copper bus bars, tubing, clippings and punching scraps
- Third highest grade: Unalloyed copper pipe, wire, or other solids with a coating that still contain 96% copper
- Fourth highest grade: Unalloyed copper wire that is insulated.
Where can I sell scrap copper near me?
Metal Men Recycling provides free scrap metal collection bins and offers a 24-hour copper collection service for businesses in Melbourne. We strive to make the process of selling scrap copper easy and profitable for all our customers.
Give us a call today on 03 5941 6677 to find out more about selling scrap copper and arranging a scrap metal bin for your site.
CLOSED TILL MONDAY 11th JAN 2021
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 7:30 to 4:30
WE ARE CLOSED ALL PUBLIC HOLIDAYS
METAL FOR MONEY